Tuesday 21 July 2015

Wild about flowers

Hello to any new viewers I met at the weekend, it was super to come across Stampin' Up fans I hadn't met before.

I'm off to meet up with some of the Bloomin' Buds in Poole tomorrow which is always a lovely morning.

This is the card I've made for a swap this month which was another Pinterest steal:


The card base and extra layer are Crumb Cake.

The raised layer has some score lines from Simply Scored on it which I think is really effective.

I've said this before but this new stamp set is brilliant!!
It's called Wild About Flowers and is a photopolymer set with 12 stamps in.  It was soooo easy and quick to use.  There are 3 different 'stems' and 3 different sets of flower heads which go with a particular stem.  Because you can see through the stamps it was a delight to use so the flowers sit where they should.

It was quicker to do all the prep and stamping for 9 of these than it was to stick them all together.

I've wrapped some linen thread around the card under the score lines and added a little bow.  The flowers are cut out using a 1 3/8" punch.

The sentiment is from the Tin of Cards stamp set and stamped in Early Espresso.

I hope this has tempted you - I'll try to do a card next showing off the full stems on a card.

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Jill. The pop of the flowers against the crumb cake.......clever design.

    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete