Tuesday 20 May 2014

Telford Swaps

It was my first Stampin' Up! event at the weekend at the Regional Event in Telford.  I've heard much talk of swaps at these events - it's a way of sharing your creativity and ideas with others.

You don't have to participate and there is no quantity of swaps that you are required to make if you do join in.
The idea being though if you have some swaps you do just that and 'swap' with another demonstrator so you come home with lots more inspiration.

This was my swap:

It was based on some cards I had seen on line but I played with the set - Spiral Spins - to space out the spirals and have a mix of them on the card (luckily it's just a card front, not a complete card).

It wasn't until I was happy with the design that my idea to use something different rather than just punch some flowers seemed a rather bad one!  As I started stamping all the circles I needed to punch out I realised what I had done and nearly went for a plan b but being the nutter I am I persevered.

It was bonkers, yet many people that got a swap had very pleasing comments and responses so it made it all worthwhile.  Also being nuts I was determined to make 50 to come away with a haul of swaps so I do now have a box of 50 new ideas which I will share in the coming days (one lady had 400!!).

Materials used for this swap were:
Spiral Spins stamp set
Label something stamp set
Whisper White card & craft ink
Smoky Slate card & ink
Island Indigo card & ink
Crushed Curry ink
Dazzling Details
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Lots of circle punches: Itty Bitty Circle, 1/2", 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8",  1 3/4" and 7/8" scallop circle punch.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, I'm very lucky to have swapped with you and just love your card. I caught my husbands eye too, it really is a striking design. I just though I'd pop by and check out you blog and say thanks!
    Jen. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, thanks so much Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so striking Jill and much more "wow" IRL. Sounds like you had a great time in Telford. Can't wait to see more inspiration!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is lots or circles to cut out and match up. Your perseverance paid off. I guess the person with 400 made a less elaborate card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea doing swaps and sharing all your creative ideas...your card was fabulous...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete